tirsdag 11. august 2009

Expedtion8 - traveling with Hurtigruta

My intention by doing a journey by the Coastal Steamer/Hurtigruta was to film the sea and parts of the Norwegian Coastline for my art project. It has been important for me also to make this journey by boat. Like this I am making parts of the journey that my relatives who emigrated did (only in the opposite direction) During working on this project I want to redo their journey by sea. A little more authentic than flying, still of course it is much more convenient than a hundred years ago. Later I am planning to travel to North America by boat.

Pictures are by Abdellah Karroum, Anne Szefer Karlsen and Heidi Nikolaisen



leaving Bergen






studying maps




talking with the locals






















tired expeditioners








on discute


recording















1 kommentar:

Eirin Edvardsen sa...

Fine bilder! Blir spennende å følge med videre:-)